Community Helping Ministry (CHM) is a not for profit partnership of area churches, supporting organizations, and individuals who come together to minister to those with limited resources.
Community Helping Ministry seeks to assist the community in the responsible distribution of resources to those in need in the Pattonville School District and parts of Hazelwood. We seek to provide a witness to the community of the unity found in Christian service which transcends denominational ties, and to provide opportunities to strengthen community and promote understanding between people and groups.
These services include:
- Emergency food
- Household supplies and personal care items
- Utility assistance
- Rent and mortgage assistance
- Emergency lodging
- Gasoline assistance
- Assistance with medications
- Employment support services
- Special holiday programs
- School supplies
- Summer camp scholarships
- Referrals to other community resources
CHM volunteer activities include:
Call the CHM office at 314-770-2216 to volunteer or to become a donor.
- Staffing the office
- Serving on the CHM board
- Planning special events and fund raising activities
- Supporting member food pantries and the Household Goods Distribution Center
- Serving as a job coach or family mentor
- Speaking to groups and organizations about CHM.
Last Updated on Thursday, 07 January 2010 01:18